Volunteer and Research Coordinator
1 year with opportunity to extend
7,000,000 VND a month plus allowances (phone and transportation) 300,000 VND per month and housing support of 500,000 VND a month
WHO WE ARE
The Endangered Primate Rescue Center, based in Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh province, is a not for profit project dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, breeding, research and conservation of Vietnam’s endangered and critically endangered primate species.
The primary function of the EPRC is to provide rescue and rehabilitation to endangered and critically endangered primates that have been confiscated from illegal wildlife trade. We have established captive populations of highly endangered primate species, with a final aim to reintroduce and release these animals as stable family groups into well-protected natural areas. During this process we work to achieve our goals with compassion, commitment, transparency and co-operation.
We’re looking for a volunteer and research coordinator to help us improve our current program. Over the past two years we have an increased interest from people both in Vietnam and internationally to volunteer at our center, and we want to ensure that the volunteers can contribute to our mission whilst having a memorable stay here in Vietnam.
The Volunteer and Research Coordinator position is a full-time position based in Cuc Phuong National Park, Ninh Binh. The employee will sign a 1-year contract to be in charge of our Volunteer and Research Programs. The Volunteer and Research Coordinator works directly with the Director of the EPRC to:
- Manage all volunteer enquiries, providing timely and accurate information.
- Work under the direction of EPRC administration staff to arrange all services for volunteers including visas, transportation, accommodation and food
- Work with keeping staff to coordinate volunteer involvement, and achieve greatest outcome for animal welfare through a well-developed volunteer program
- Work with the Communications Officer to provide regular updates about our volunteer program, as well as solicit more volunteers
- Work with Communications Officer to continue engagement of volunteers after they return home with an aim to develop our volunteer community overseas
- Develop and implement additional activities for volunteers after working hours and on days off
- Provide accurate translations to the managing director during various contexts
· Fluent in Vietnamese and English- able to provide written translation and fluent in conversational English in an international environment
· Strong interest in wildlife conservation, animal behaviour, and captive animal welfare
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
· Willingness to work in an international environment and interact with people from various cultures
· Experience in environment and/or wildlife conservation non-profit organizations preferred
· Possess a willingness to learn new skills
· Able to manage priorities and meet deadlines
· Accountability and honesty
· Patience and flexibility
· Working for an NGO that protects wildlife
· Working in an English speaking environment
· Working in an office based in beautiful Cuc Phuong National Park
· Possible opportunities for work trips around Vietnam and internationally
· Various communication learning opportunities from international consultants and advisors